Welcome! This website is dedicated to sharing with children the love of books. It is through book readings that young children enlarge their vocabulary. It is through book readings that young children become curious about their world. It is through book readings that young children learn about problem-solving and relationship building. It is through book readings that young children learn to make sense of what they see and experience in their day to day lives. It is through book readings that children learn to be creative and think outside the box. And most of all, it is through book readings that young children develop a sense of joy in books that will carry over when they begin reading on their own.
Here’s the ten most recent books I’ve written about. To see them all, check out the full book list.
- My Puppy is Born, by Joanna Cole
- Miss Spider’s Tea Party, the counting book, by David Kirk
- When the Wind Stops, by Charlotte Zolotow
- Sip,Slurp,Soup,Soup,Caldo, Caldo,Caldo by Diane Gonzales Bertrand
- Owl Babies, by Martin Waddell
- White Rabbit’s Color Book, by Alan baker
- Strega Nona, by Tomie dePaola
- Pumpkin Faces, by Emma Rose
- One fish Two fish Red fish Blue fish, by Dr. Seuss
- When I’m Sleepy, by J.R. Howard