Welcome! This website is dedicated to sharing with children the love of books. It is through book readings that young children enlarge their vocabulary. It is through book readings that young children become curious about their world. It is through book readings that young children learn about problem-solving and relationship building. It is through book readings that young children learn to make sense of what they see and experience in their day to day lives. It is through book readings that children learn to be creative and think outside the box. And most of all, it is through book readings that young children develop a sense of joy in books that will carry over when they begin reading on their own.
Here’s the ten most recent books I’ve written about. To see them all, check out the full book list.
- The Golden Egg Book, by Margaret Wise Brown
- Ten Little Mice, by Joyce Dunbar
- Just Going to the Dentist, by Mercer Mayer
- The Story of Ferdinand, by Munro Leaf
- The Little Engine That Could, by Watty Piper
- Ten Apples Up On Top, by Dr. Seuss
- The Rainbow FIsh, by Marcus Pfister
- The Day the Crayons Quit, by Drew Daywalt
- The Line Up Book, by Marisabina Russo
- Max Found Two Sticks, by Brian Pinkney